Thursday, November 13, 2008

The OS is Dead -- an Experiment






I'm quitting my OS. Well, not really, but I'm going to try to make it as irrelevant as possible. I'm a Linux user so the OS is pretty irrelevant already. Hehe.

Over the last couple of years, I've been using Google applications more and more. It started with GMail, then moved on to the Calendar and Reader, then some Docs. Eventually, I was doing a lot of work in Google Apps so I decided to take it all for a test run.

Not only am I going to go completely on line for a month, I'm going to do it only using Google, just to make it more difficult. I'll write about how I've set myself up, what my workflow looks like, and probably a few rants and curse words as I try to work around things that should be easy but aren't.

Wish me luck.

p.s. This post was created in Google Docs and posted to Blogger from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment